Calvary Christian Preschool & Daycare is a ministry of Calvary Community Church (Calvary Chapel Iowa) and offers open enrollment to children of all faiths. Our valued staff are Christians and we use Bible stories and songs as an important part of our curriculum, as well as prayer before meals and snacks. We also observe holidays from a Christian point of view.
We strive to provide an environment filled with love, security, acceptance, guidance, and sensitivity to each child’s intellectual, emotional, physical, and social needs.
We believe that young children learn best through an individualized curriculum including a combination of free choice activities and structured small and large group times.
Our qualified staff and environment are vital components of our program through which we seek to:
• Enhance learning skills by exploring and investigating.
• Expand verbal skills by using words to explain feelings and ideas.
• Demonstrate cooperative social behavior by helping, respecting, and interacting positively with each other.
• Enhance physical development by encouraging movement and manipulation of objects in the classroom and at play.
• Enhance imagination through art projects, sensory activities and dramatic play.
Our Mission at Calvary Christian Preschool is to provide a safe and encouraging environment where children can be loved and trained in Biblical truths, social skills, problem solving strategies, and emotional regulation. These attributes will promote a lifetime of healthy decisions and relationships.